To ensure you and we have a safe and successful event which raises money for at risk veterans, some of whom you will meet, we do have to have a few rules....
By signing up to the 1000 Mile March 2020, you:
- Undertake to walk or run a route of your choice, and the distance of 1000 miles, anywhere in the world, in order to raise funds for Walking With The Wounded's (“WWTW”) programmes supporting veterans.
- Understand that WWTW reserves the right to alter the dates and conditions of the Event without notice and/or cancel the event in consultation with stakeholders although only where absolutely necessary and appropriate.
- Acknowledge that the Event is a fundraising event in aid of WWTW exclusively. WWTW is a registered charity in England and Wales (no. 1153497) and Scotland (no. SC047760).
- Understand that by signing up to participate that you will endeavour to fundraise for WWTW.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Agree to use your best endeavours to raise, sponsorship target of £1,000 (£1 for every mile you walk over the course of the year).
- Agree to be a good ambassador for WWTW before, during and after your walk.
- Acknowledge the Event is organised by WWTW in order to raise funds for WWTW.
- Understand the amount of funds raised by yourself does not include the sums paid as entry fees, nor the funds which may be subsequently reclaimed by the charity in Gift Aid.
- Agree that you'll do your best to pay in to WWTW (using WWTW's advertised paying in methods). We want to get your money working hard to support veterans as soon as we can.
- Agree that if, for any reason, you choose not to take up your place or the Event is cancelled, all sponsorship forms and money collected must be forwarded to WWTW and will not be refunded.
- Agree that no funds raised will not be paid to any charity other than WWTW (unless agreed in advance) or used for any personal expenses.
- Agree only to use lawful means to fundraise for WWTW and not to bring WWTW's name into disrepute.
- You agree not to:
- Raise funds by carrying out house-to-house collections;
- Collect funds in any public place without first obtaining a collector's licence from the appropriate local authority (usually local council or police);
- Collect on private property (including shops, pubs etc) without first obtaining the permission of the owner;
- Shake collection tins or buckets, as this is prohibited by law;
- Organise any raffle or lottery without first obtaining permission from WWTW.
Entry to the Event:
- Agree that valid details for each individual must be recorded at the point of registration.
- Understand that your place in the Event is not confirmed until you have received confirmation from WWTW. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Acknowledge that registration is free on the understanding that you will maximise your fundraising for WWTW
Follow Covid-19 Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing to stay safe.
- Agree that, while WWTW can not exclude liability for personal injury or death caused by its own negligence, you undertake the Event entirely at your own risk and will not hold WWTW responsible for:
- (a) any damage to, or loss of personal property or
- (b) any accident or injury which does not result from the negligence of WWTW arising directly or indirectly or in any manner whatsoever out of or in connection with the Event.
Rule and Regulations
- Acknowledge that it is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that they have log their miles using Strava or Fitbit, to update on their profile page.
- Agree to comply with the country code at all times. (All participants must respect the environment and not drop litter.)
· Don’t be over competitive this is a fun event
· Wear hi vis and use torches and lights if walking on roads at any time as part of the Event.
- Understand that in the course of registering and participating in the Event, WWTW will collect personal data from you and your team members.
- Agree we may process and use the personal data collected for administrative, research and publicity purposes.
- Agree that by entering the Event you give us permission to use your name (and that of your team, team members and organisation that you represent), voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising material, or other account of the Event.
- Agree that images, film and interview material taken at the Event of all participants and any supporters may be used by WWTW to promote the Event and other WWTW events in the future to further support the charity. WWTW retain all rights, title and interest in such photography or media made by or on behalf of WWTW and have a licence to use any material shared with WWTW by participants either direct or publicly on social media.
- Agree that, if you give your consent, we may also use your details to send you information about future events which we think may be of interest to you.
- We do not sell or swap your details with any third parties, but in order to carry out our work to deliver the Event we may need to pass your details to service companies authorised to act on our behalf.
- We will keep your details on our database so we can provide you with the best possible support every time you contact us. You are entitled to request access to, and correction of, all of your personal data collected by us, as well as requiring us to delete your data if you no longer wish us to process it after having taken part in the Event. To make such a request please email email@example.com.
- If you are not happy with the communications you are receiving you can email us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01263 863 902 or follow the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the footer of emails.
- Understand and agree that by submitting an online registration to participate in this event, I am consenting to receive email and postal communications from WWTW regarding The Event. I acknowledge it is my responsibility to ensure emails regarding my participation in the event sent by WWTW and/or event organisers (including but not limited to email receipts, tickets and advanced notices) are received by me, and are not redirected to Spam or Junk folders or sent to email addresses I do not have access to. If you've signed up but not received anything, do let us know.
- Acknowledge that my data will only be used for marketing purposes, including but not limited to electronic marketing, if I provide specific consent for this during the registration process. I understand I may unsubscribe from any marketing lists I do opt in to receiving at any time, either by using the link provided in e-mails or by calling WWTW at any time.
- We hope you don’t have any and we work hard to try and foresee issues but should you have any complaints then please do get in touch with any WWTW staff at the Event, or, if that is not possible, then in writing to email@example.com as soon as possible after the Event.
- WWTW will not be liable for any issues arising from a force majeure event which prevents its delivery of the Event in any way, including (but not limited to) acts of God, threats of terrorism, industrial action and/or other events outside its control.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to hear or settle any dispute or claim arising from them.
Thank you for reading to the end! Top marks. We really look forward to seeing how many of you take up the challenge to complete the 1000 Mile March.